The Municipal Government Act grants Council the authority to pass Bylaws.
These Bylaws are created and enforced to maintain order and to protect the wellbeing of Town residents.
Provided below are copies of the most commonly referenced Bylaws:
The Town is proposing changes to the current Land Use Bylaw which was last updated in full in 2012.
Changes are now necessary to align the Town with current land use practices and regulations.
A public hearing will be held on Tuesday May 25, 2021 at the Bowden Friendship Centre commencing at 6.30pm.
Please attend should you wish to provide comment and suggestions on the proposed changes.
A copy of the proposed Bylaw and its revisions is provided below:
- Animal Control Bylaw 02/2013
- Borrowing Bylaw 01/2020
- Business License Bylaw 03/2017
- Bylaw Enforcement Officer Bylaw 05/2020
- Cannabis Bylaw 10/2018
- Central Alberta Regional Assessment Review Board Bylaw 01/2021
- Cemetery Bylaw 09/2020
- Chief Administrative Officer Bylaw 02/2016
- Councilors Code of Conduct Bylaw 05/2018
- Council Committee Bylaw 05/2021
- Council Procedural Bylaw 08/2020
- Designated Officer Bylaw 04/2020
- Fire Services Bylaw 04/2013
- Intermunicipal Development Plan Bylaw 02/2018
- Land Use Bylaw Map - June 2020
- Library Board Bylaw 11/2002
- Municipal Assessor Bylaw 08/2017
- Municipal Election Bylaw 02/2021
- Municipal Emergency Management Bylaw 03/2020
- Noise Control Bylaw 12/2001
- Nuisance Bylaw 04/2014
- Rates, Fees and Charges & Penalties Bylaw 10/2020
- Solid Waste Collection, Removal, Recycling & Disposal Bylaw 11/2020
- Taxation Rate Bylaw 06/2020
- Traffic Bylaw 11/2012
- Wastewater & Stormwater Bylaw 05/2019
- Water Bylaw 02/2020