CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (CAO)
Reporting to the Mayor and six Councillors, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for guiding the day-to-day affairs of the Town as outlined in the Municipal Government Act (MGA), Town bylaws, and policies as set by Council.
- Provision of effective advice and support to the Mayor and Council in developing, implementing, and executing policies and strategies.
- Delivery of solid leadership to the senior management team and Town staff.
- Ensuring that Town staff are committed to providing the highest level of service to the general public and the business community through clear and transparent communication.
- In conjunction with Council, the Central AB Economic Partnership (CAEP), Red Deer County and regional partners, actively promote economic development opportunities to existing businesses and prospective businesses interested in the Town and area.
Applicants should possess:
- A post-secondary education, or a mixture of relevant training and senior leadership experience.
- Prior senior leadership experience…preferably in a municipal setting.
- The ability to work effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, businesses, boards and committees, and the general public.
- A comprehensive understanding of the financial and budgeting process.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team and professional relations.
- An understanding of the legislative process and knowledge of the Municipal Government Act.
For further information or to apply for this position please contact:
DCG Executive Search Services Ltd.