Arena and Parks Operator
The deadline for applications is September 27, 2021
The Town of Bowden is accepting applications for the position of Arena and Parks operator.
- The day-to-day operation of the Bowden Arena recreational facility including providing assistance to the public and the supervision of the public when present in the Arena.
- Inspection & maintenance of Arena equipment, facilities and building infrastructure and including the plant equipment room, ice surface and ice resurfacing machine.
- Public lands maintenance, including Parks, Cemetery & Facilities, during those months when the Arena is not operational.
The Arena and Parks operator will be part of a strong and experienced team. You are expected to have a positive attitude, be versatile in your knowledge and skills and enjoy working with the public.
The following qualifications & experience will be considered as important assets in order to qualify for this position;
- Grade 12 High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1 or more years in a similar position is a definite asset.
- One or more of the following certifications from AARFP or equivalent are considered an asset: Arena Operator Level 1 or 2, Parks and Sports fields Operator Level 1 or 2.
- Self-motivated and proven experience dealing with the public.
- Ability to operate vehicles & parks equipment.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings when scheduled.
- Must be physically capable of lifting over 50 lbs.
- Minimum of a valid Alberta Class 5 Drivers License.
- Be able to pass RCMP security check
This is a full-time position with a three-month probation period. Benefits and LAPP are available after a successful probation period.
The wage range for this position is $21.96 - $25.84 per hour.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org