Town Council is responsible for evolving, developing, and determining the public policies and programs of the municipality.
Town Administration (through the powers assigned to the Chief Administrative Officer) is responsible for:
- implementing the policies and programs as set by Town Council
- providing services enabled by enactment (eg: water distribution and wastewater collection)
- supervising designated officers (eg: Bylaw Enforcement Officer, Health & Safety Representative, Returning Officer)
- maintaining financial management, budgeting controls and capital planning & expenditures
- delivering operational services (eg: Public Works, Arena & Parks)
- working with neighbouring municipalities to deliver intermunicipal services (eg: fire & rescue, planning & development, emergency management)