The Town has entered into a pilot program with Alberta Recycling Management Authority to provide a collection site within the Town for the recycling of domestic electronic items.
Located on the northwest corner of the Arena parking lot, residents can now drop off unwanted electrical items* at this collection site.
* specific items ONLY as listed below,
by reference to the Household Electronics Recycling Guide (found within the "Resources and Useful Links tab opposite) that provides further details on acceptable / non acceptable items and the operation and workings of this program.
- Small domestic & kitchen countertop appliances
- Electronic toys & games & musical equipment
- Audio visual items (speakers, CD players etc)
- Telecoms (phones, cell phones, modems, routers, etc)
- Power & air tools (drills, grinders, table saws, etc)
- Desktop computers (PC's), Laptops & Tablets
- Computer monitors / flat screens
- Printers (including ink cartridges) / Fax machines
- Household lighting
- Lawn & Garden equipment (but NOT gasoline powered items)
- large kitchen & household appliances (eg: fridges / electric stoves / washers / dryers / freezers)
- commercial light fittings / fluorescent tubes
- all gas powered gardening tools (eg: lawn mowers / weed trimmers)
- residential air conditioning units (containing refrigerant / freon)
- all commercial and trade electrical items