The Town of Bowden Municipal Planning Commission (MPC) is enacted by the Municipal Government Act (Part 17 Planning & Development, Division 3).
The powers and responsibilities of the Municipal Planning Commission are defined by the Town of Bowden Council Committee Bylaw, 05/2021 and the Town of Bowden Land Use Bylaw.
The MPC meets as required according to either need or statutory requirement to act as the authority for development applications referred to it by a Red Deer County Development Officer, in accordance with the procedures set out in the Town of Bowden Land Use Bylaw.
These would typically be discretionary use permits where a variance to the Land Use Bylaw requires MPC approval OR those developments where public consultation is required.
The MPC consists of all elected Councillors and the Mayor, who together have the power to either approve (either with or without conditions) or refuse a development application.
- April 12, 2021 MPC Meeting Minutes
- January 25, 2021 MPC Minutes
- December 14, 2020 MPC Minutes
- October 13, 2020 MPC Minutes
- September 14, 2020 MPC Minutes
- August 24, 2020 MPC Minutes
- August 10, 2020 MPC Minutes
- July 13, 2020 MPC Minutes
- May 25, 2020 MPC Minutes
- February 24, 2020 MPC Minutes
- January 13, 2020 MPC Minutes