The City of Red Deer administers Red Deer & District Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) in partnership with other municipalities including the Town of Bowden.
In order to satisfy the criteria of the FCSS Act projects must fall under one of the following five categories:
- Children and Youth
- Community Development
In addition, FCSS projects must be:
- preventative in nature.
- promote citizen participation.
- build awareness of social needs.
Programs offered (subject to availability)
- Referrals, information and support for adults, seniors, families, children, and youth
- Volunteer Coordination and Support
- Volunteer Appreciation Supper
- Community Registration Night
- Good Food Box
- Community Garden
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
- Seniors Week
- Coordinated Community Response to Elder Abuse Coalition
- IMPACT Central Alberta Regional Vision for Non-Violence
Alternatively, by registering for monthly e-news you will be kept up to date on all FCSS events and programs in a timely and direct manner via email.
Subscription to e-news can be made via the request link provided on this web site's home page.