Voter Eligibility & Identification Requirements.
Pursuant to: Local Authorities Election Act, Section 53(1) and the Town of Bowden Municipal Election Bylaw 02 / 2021 (sections 10.3 and 10.4).
Voter eligibility requires that you must be at least 18 years old, be a Canadian Citizen and reside within the Town of Bowden.
Proof of identity requires that you produce a form of identification that contains a photograph, your current civic address, and a date of birth.
If the form of identification does not identify your current civic address additional identification will be required that establishes your name and civic address.
Acceptable forms of additional identification include:
- a bank or credit card statement,
- correspondence issued by a school, college, or university,
- an Income Tax or Property Tax Assessment Notice,
- an Insurance Policy Cover document (vehicle or household),
- a vehicle ownership or insurance certificate,
- a Pension Plan statement of benefits, contributions, or participation,
- a residential lease or mortgage statement,
- a statement of government benefits, eg: employment insurance, old-age security social assistance, disability support or child tax benefit,
- a utility bill, (telephone, gas, electric or water),
- a letter or form (attestation) confirming that a person lives at an address.
Electors are required to sign Form13 Elector Register provided by a Deputy Returning Officer on arrival at the registration desk in the polling station on Election Day.
Alternatively, you can have someone (who satisfies both the voter eligibility and proof of identity requirements) vouch for your eligibility and attend with you in person when you vote.
Electors are required to sign Form14 Statement of Voucher provided by a Deputy Returning Officer on arrival at the registration desk in the polling station on Election Day.
Questions on the 2021 Municipal General Election may be directed to:
Greg Skotheim, Returning Officer email@example.com
Arno Glover, Substitute Returning Officer firstname.lastname@example.org